Welcome to the
DS Gym and Pool Website
With Derbyshire now in Tier 4, it is with great disappointment that DS Gym & Pool will be temporarily closing from Thursday 31st December. Once North East Derbyshire is moved back to a lower tier we will be ready to reopen and welcome you all back! Keep checking this website and our facebook page for the latest updates.
If you are interested in joining when we reopen, please email [email protected] to register your interest.
Scroll Down to view our Covid Guidance & FAQs or click here to view our reopening video.
To book gym sessions, lane swimming, or classes, please click here.
Use all of our facilities for just £20 per month with no contract!
We are a fitness centre based in the village of Spinkhill, North Derbyshire, close to Junction 30 of the M1 motorway.
18m Swimming Pool
International Standard Track
Instructed Group Classes
When will DS Gym & Pool reopen?
We reopened our centre on 25th July 2020.
Gym and swimming slots are 1 hour long and must be pre booked. Please do not come into the centre if you have not pre booked.
Members can book at https://dsgymandpool.simplybook.it.
Is it safe to come to DS Gym & Pool?
The health and wellbeing of our customers and employees is our top priority. We are following government guidelines in order to make your visit feel as comfortable as possible and provide a safe but enjoyable visit.
- Though we are excited to take this next step in reopening, the health and safety of our customers and staff remains our number one priority. Therefore, we ask that all customers adhere to our Terms & Conditions:
• If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you must not make a booking or come into the centre.
• If you have been in contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, you must not make a booking or enter the centre
• Only pre-booked and paid for sessions are permitted.
• Please note that there is limited access to toilet and changing facilities (see our reopening video for full details)
• Staff will be carrying out a thorough sanitisation process between all bookings and we encourage all our members to do this after use of equipment too.
• Please observe social distancing rules with our staff and other customers.
• If staff suspect that you are infringing current government regulations, you will be refused entry.
• Please Don’t Be A No Show – please cancel your booking online if you are unable to attend so that another customer can have the opportunity to book the place.
What safety measures have been put into place?
In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are putting a number of safety measures in place which will allow us to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests. This includes implementing measures such as social distancing, staggered booking, hand sanitising stations, providing staff with Covid-19 specific training and more.
We are limiting the number of people in one area The number of people in one area will be limited and it is vital that you book in and adhere to the time limits during this time.
Main Gym Limit = 12
Free Weights Room Limit = 3
Class Limit = 14
Lane Swimming Limit = 2 Per Lane
How will social distancing be enforced?
All employee and customer areas will be arranged and managed so as to promote and maintain social distancing within our leisure centre. A one-way system will be in effect and a limited amount of people in one area at any time.
Will changing rooms be in use?
In order to control customer numbers and maintain social distancing changing rooms will not be available to members using the gym. For those swimming, we are asking you to please arrive “beach ready”, with your costume under your clothes, and change on poolside. Changing rooms will be available to use after swimming, but please note that lockers and showers are out of use to reduce potential touch points. The drinking fountain will also be out of use, so please bring your own drink. The toilets in our reception area will remain in use.
I was a member before lockdown. What is happening to my membership?
Can I play Badminton?
The Badminton court will be available to hire for a limited number of sessions per week – please ask at reception or email [email protected] for full details.
Do I need to wear a face mask at DS Gym & Pool?
At the time of writing, government guidance does not stipulate that face masks must be worn in gyms, however you may of course wear one if you wish. Swimming Teacher Association (STA) guidance stipulates that “those not taking part in swimming activities (whilst attending swimming lessons) , i.e. parent / guardian spectators, should wear a face covering whilst in the facility”. We therefore ask that all parents and guardians attending swimming lessons please wear a face covering whilst at DS Gym & Pool.
Last updated 18th August 2020
Please note that government guidance is frequently updated, please ensure you check the latest guidance before attending lessons.
Enquire about DS Swim
Got a question about our Gym and Pool facilities? No problem.
Fill in the form below to contact us, or call 01246 431990 during our opening hours to find out more.